If you’re like me, you don’t want things to end with just the starter kit. And you also probably want to #makeallthethings! If so, check out all of these fun supplies to keep on hand so you can have more fun with your oils.
The Ultimate Essential Oil Supply List
I would say roller bottles are one of the first, best investments to make for the start of your oily life. Adding a few drops of your favorite oil or blend along with a carrier oil to extend the life of your favorite oils. I’ll list out several options for you below. Also note that the bottles will not come with pretty labels like the ones in the picture above, but you can always buy either the labels or bottles with the labels on them here.
- Blue roller bottles (if you think you’ll be making quite a few roller bottles, these blue bottles are a better deal per bottle)
- Clear roller bottles
- Amber roller bottles
Once you kick your toxic cleaners to the curb and start using the Thieves line of cleaners from Young Living, you’re definitely going to want to have some spray bottles handy. Again, please note that the bottles will not come with pretty labels like the one in the picture above, but you can always buy either the labels or bottles with the labels on them here.
You’ll want to have a variety of bottles on hand depending upon the different spray concoctions you’ll make. Here’s a good starting list.
- The classic 16 oz sized spray bottle, as pictured above: amber, clear, or blue
- The same bottle in smaller 8 oz size: amber, clear, or blue
- A smaller 4 oz bottle: amber, clear, blue, or green
- And an even smaller 2 oz bottle: amber, clear, blue, green, or assorted colors
Don’t save diffusing just for your house! Take those oils on the go with great portable diffusing options.
- These vent clip car diffusers are not only functional, they’re pretty as well!
- This car diffuser plugs into a USB port and will give you a bit more oomph than the vent clip kind. But I’m loving the lights on this version. Bonus points that you can use these in your office!
- This diffuser plugs into your cigarette lighter in case you don’t have a USB port.
- Here’s another instance of beauty and function with this rear view mirror diffuser.
If you’re planning on making some of the items mentioned so far, you might want to get some basic DIY ingredients. Those will include:
- Carrier oils (perfect to add to your roller bottles): sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, and fractionated coconut oil.
- Witch hazel
- Epsom salts
- Beeswax pellets (good for some lotions and for lip balms)
If you didn’t buy any of the above mentioned bottles, then you might need to buy a couple of these items. These are usually included when you buy a set of bottles, though, so check and make sure.
- Plastic droppers (great for getting your carrier oil out of its bottle and into a roller bottle)
- Funnels (another easy way to transfer your carrier oil)
Essential Oil Cases
Once you start gathering an awesome collection of oils, you’ll need to find a place to store them. Here are some great options:
- This case is a great one to leave out on your counter or side table. And here is a slightly smaller version.
- This cute little tray is a great one if your decor is a bit more vintage.
- I love this carousel tray for keeping on your bathroom counter!
- These next few cases are travel cases because we all know we can’t leave home without our oils.
- I’m not sure if I could only take 6 oils with me on a trip, but if you want to travel light, check out this cute case. And here’s another one with a great pattern.
- I’m crushing hard on this small, but mighty 11 oil case. And this case that can hold 14 roller bottles is calling my name.
- This great case will allow you a place to store your diffuser as well as 10 oils. Perfection!
- For all of my hard core oily peeps, check out this 42 bottle case!
Essential Oil Labels
This item is completely optional, but is so fun. These cute little labels go on the top of your bottles so you can see what oil you’re looking at from the top instead of the side, especially when they are sitting in one of the awesome cases above.